New realization - a movie buff

Saturday I went for trekking to korayegarh with bunch of friends. Korayegarh is ahead of lonavala and is good for new trekkers since it has stairs to go up. Though I'm not a newbee to trekking but there were people who were new. There were 2 ways to go up 1) was jungle way and 2) other was stairs. Since couple of people were new to trekking so we decided to take stairs to go up.

Went up the mountain, it seems like it used be a FORT at some point of time coz there were boundary walls and in the middle there was a pond which looks like a harem. Was checking if somewhere, something is written about the history of this fort but i got disappointed coz nowhere it was written anything about that fort.

Anyhow, after trekking for 4-5 hours, everybody was hungry so had decided to come down and eat something. So we stopped at 1 resort and had our lunch, dont know what to call since it was 4:30 PM, so i will call lunch only.

After having lunch, we were coming back to Pune and on the way, our car tyre got punctured. We have funny conversation over there -

Me - Front tyre got punctured.
Vaibhav - Let me call Kshitija
Me - for what?
Vaibhav - hmmm, then what should we do?
Me - Dont we have a spare tyre?
Vaibhav - yes, we have.
Me - then lets change it.
Vaibhav - ok

We changed the tyre and on the way back, we stopped again at one restaurant for Tea. We ordered Tea, sat in the lawn waiting for tea, and start talking about movies like Dev D, Oye Lucky..Lucky Oye, Catch me if you can ..etc..etc.

I realized that i remember each and every dialogue of almost all the movies, e.g. Catch me if you can - i saw it almost 8 years back and still i remember what FBI told Leanardo Di Capri and why he has joined them.

Even in the car we were talking about movies and i remember almost every dialogue of the movies, i was amazed coz i never realized that i am a movie buff.

Yest. I saw another very WONDERFUL movie i.e. Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. It was brilliant. Simple yet so intense, SUPERB. One of the memorable from Dustin Hoffman and below is my fav dialogue from that movie -

Mr. Edward Magorium: [to Molly, about dying] When King Lear dies in Act V, do you know what Shakespeare has written? He's written "He dies." That's all, nothing more. No fanfare, no metaphor, no brilliant final words. The culmination of the most influential work of dramatic literature is "He dies." It takes Shakespeare, a genius, to come up with "He dies." And yet every time I read those two words, I find myself overwhelmed with dysphoria. And I know it's only natural to be sad, but not because of the words "He dies." but because of the life we saw prior to the words.

Mr. Edward Magorium: I've lived all five of my acts, Mahoney, and I am not asking you to be happy that I must go. I'm only asking that you turn the page, continue reading... and let the next story begin. And if anyone asks what became of me, you relate my life in all its wonder, and end it with a simple and modest "He died."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What if Ravan had won the war with Ram?

Is there a true love?

Other Aspect